Partnerships Accelerating Medical Research
The following Innovator Presentations previewed their cross-sector collaborative initiatives this year during 25-minute sessions. Click on the titles below to read more about the presentation, watch the video, and view the slides:
- Aeras: Business Case for Investment in Tuberculosis R&D
- Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation ACCESS: A novel resource to optimize the use of CROs by academia and early-stage companies
- Bessor/Brightwaters Pharma: Building Value Uniquely Translating University Assets
- BIO Ventures for Global Health: A Bridge between Private Industry and Global Health Endeavors
- Carnegie Mellon University/Highmark: Disruptive Health Technology Institute
- Chemistry of Life Processes Institute: Accelerate Chicago!
- COPD Foundation: COPD Innovation Search
- Curious, Inc.
- Empowering Pediatric Research: ViS & BIO Collaboration
- A Faster Way Forward: Allegro’s Innovative Approach to the Science & Business of Drug Development
- Foundation for the NIH: Biomarkers Consortium Sarcopenia Initiative
- Friends of Cancer Research: Lung Cancer Master Protocol Trial
- Harvard Medical School/Wondros: People-Powered Medicine
- Health eHeart Study
- Immune Tolerance Network: TrialShare Clinical Trials Research Portal
- Immunophotonics: Changing the World, Providing Nontoxic, Practical, Cost-Effective Treatments to Cancer Patients Globally
- I-SPY 2 Trial
- Kineta, Inc.
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Targets, Leads, and Candidates Program
- Lieber Institute for Brain Development
- Melanoma Research Alliance: Academic-Industry Partnership
- Michael J. Fox Foundation: Parkinson’s Data Challenge
- National Cancer Institute/Avon Breast Cancer Crusade/The Center for Advancing Innovation: Breast Cancer Startup Challenge
- Neurological Clinical Research Institute/Prize4Life: Pooled Resource Open-Access ALS Clinical Trials Platform (PRO-ACT)
- Parkinson’s UK: Connecting the Best Brains
- Pfizer’s Centers for Therapeutic Innovation/Alliance for Lupus Research
- Project Data Sphere Initiative
- Prostate Cancer Foundation
- Xalud Therapeutics, Inc.
About the Innovator Presentations
FasterCures invited organizations engaged in innovative, cross-sector collaborations aimed at reducing the time and cost of getting new medical solutions from discovery to patients to submit proposals for the 2013 Innovator Presentations. Each 25-minute presentation will allow time for questions from and interactions with the audience. Thank you to all of the applicants for your thoughtful and impressive applications.
Presentations focus on a range of issues, including:
- Translation/commercialization of basic scientific discoveries
- Innovative financing models
- Data sharing
- Intellectual property management
- Collaborations formed as a result of connections made at past Partnering for Cures meetings