Partnerships Accelerating Medical Research
FasterCures invites organizations engaged in innovative, cross-sector research collaborations to submit presentation proposals for the 2014 Partnering for Cures meeting. Collaborations should be aimed at reducing the time and cost of getting new medical solutions (drugs, devices, diagnostics, etc.) from discovery to patients. Each 25-minute presentation will provide an opportunity to engage potential investors, partners, and/or collaborators in moving your existing initiative forward or amplifying the impact of your approach.
Any cross-sector research collaboration or consortium working to speed up and improve the medical research system – and/or the process of getting new therapies to patients – is eligible to apply. Initiatives must involve partners from two or more of the following sectors:
- NGOs/nonprofit foundations
- Industry (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device and diagnostic companies)
- Research institutes
- Government agencies
Partnerships should be established, not merely proposed, at the time of presentation, and should be able to provide evidence of outcomes/progress against their goals. There will be no more than two presenters per partnership. All presenters must register to attend the conference.
We are particularly, although not exclusively, interested in hearing from partnerships that focus on one or more of the following categories:
- Translation/commercialization of basic scientific discoveries
- Data sharing
- Clinical trial innovation/infrastructure
- e.g., simulation, remote trial participation, adaptive trials, patient-powered research networks, etc.
- Creation of broadly-used tools and resources
- e.g. standards, methods, or technologies that can be used by all stakeholders to advance their independent research
- Innovative financing models
To vie for one of up to 30 innovator presentation slots, be sure you meet the criteria below and if so, complete the online presentation application by 11:59 pm Friday, August 22, 2014. External advisors will help us review applications and develop the innovator presentation program agenda. FasterCures will notify you by mid-September to let you know whether or not to prepare to present.
- Any partner may apply, but FasterCures will only review one application per partnership
- We will be looking for a clear understanding of the problem your partnership is trying to solve, and evidence that your solution is making/will make it better.
- Degree to which partnership shows evidence of transformative potential
- Degree to which partnership can demonstrate progress against defined milestones [internal]
- Degree to which partnership can demonstrate evidence that it is addressing the challenge it was created to address [external]
- Degree to which partnership model is scalable (or replicable) across diseases or sectors