Be a part of medical research's most forward-thinking, outcomes-oriented, and patient-focused event. FasterCures, the Washington, DC-based center of the Milken Institute, is convening the fifth annual Partnering for Cures meeting on November 3-5 in New York City.
Partnering for Cures brings together leaders from all sectors in medical research with the express purpose of making collaboration happen - collaborations that must happen if we are to speed up the time it takes to turn discoveries into treatments and cures.
- PARTICIPATE in solutions-focused dialogue about some of the most pressing challenges in medical research.
- PARTNER with others who share your goals, and could expand your strategies or advance your programs.
- CONSULT with pioneers and experts in the field on-site, ready to provide tangible, tailored advice.
- PRESENT your cross-sector, innovative initiative to potential partners and supporters.
- Convene distinct sectors of the medical research enterprise to identify partnership opportunities that will advance outcomes‐driven medical research.
- Catalyze a more effective and efficient medical research enterprise through more strategic and timely allocation of critical resources.
- Cultivate cross-sector relationships that will lead to collaborative efforts necessary for the commercialization of new therapies.
Why do we need this meeting?
There is no other meeting of this scale convened for the sole purpose of forging strategic cross-sector collaborations that will:
- facilitate industry partnerships that may lead to commercialization agreements;
- empower philanthropists to make informed
investment decisions and measure the return on
- provide direct access to disease experts with key insights on research trends and market needs;
- enable medical research foundations to find the right partners and investors; and
- engage academia to play an important role in driving some of the new business models accelerating the medical research and development process.
FasterCures is not just our name - it's our mission. FasterCures, a center of the Milken Institute, is an 'action tank' that works to improve the medical research system - so that we can speed up the time it takes to get important new medicines from discovery to patients.
Accelerating Medical Solutions
Be it lack of medical breakthroughs, limited resources, or restrictive policies that are stalling progress, patients are paying the price of delays in life or death consequences. More than 100 million Americans suffer from cancer, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, heart disease, and others for which there are still no cures - and, in many cases, few meaningful treatment options.
FasterCures mission is to accelerate the process of discovery and development of new medical solutions for deadly and debilitating diseases.
FasterCures works across all sectors and diseases to transform the way we pursue, fund, and conduct medical research. We are committed to:
Learn more about our programs.
- Fostering innovation and accountability across research organizations.
- Improving and continuously modernizing the medical research environment.
- Maximizing the development and use of research resources.
About the Milken Institute
The Milken Institute is an independent economic think tank whose mission is to improve the lives and economic conditions of diverse populations in the United States and around the world by helping business and public-policy leaders identify and implement innovative ideas for creating broad-based prosperity. The Institute puts research to work with the goal of revitalizing regions and finding new ways to generate capital for people with original ideas. By creating ways to spread the benefits of human, financial and social capital to as many people as possible – the democratization of capital - the Milken Institute hopes to contribute to prosperity and freedom in all corners of the globe. The Institute is nonprofit, nonpartisan and publicly supported.
Learn more at www.milkeninstitute.org.